Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hmmm...interesting chart pattern

So, I keep getting "faked out" by what seems to be an early O---low temps after period ends, then a huge spike that seems like I have O'd much earlier than I usually do. It's happened so often, that when my temp spiked 3 days ago, I took it for granted. But then I thought....hmm, I wonder if this pattern could give me a heads up to when I might O!

So I created an overlay of "average" charts and I did identify a pattern.

Photobucket

I identified the highest temp that spiked after AF and before O. (circled in red) You'll see that of the 4 cycles I identified, the highest temp spike occured 5-7 days before O was identified. So, with that logic, looking at my current cycle...

Photobucket

It looks like if O could be 6-7 days from now, it could occur CD13-14 (Sat Mar 3or Sun Mar 4). If that is the case, then if we make sure to BD starting today and for the next 5 days, we could easily catch O! We'll see if my theory holds true! Either way, I'll still be using my CBEFM to track it.

2 comments:

Maria said...

That is really interesting! I hope you catch the eggie!

Melissa @MotherhoodWantd said...

Me too! You should see my update...I'm about to post it. I'm just so amazed, I don't have to feel angst over what my temps are doing spiking so early! I know not every woman has a clear defined pattern this way, and it isn't guaranteed, but still cool!

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!