Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Doctor appts and Beta levels

So, good news, today my doctor's office at the MICC (Maternal-Infant Care Clinic). It's not until 08/16/10, and they said that it will most likely be giving them my information a pelvic exam and MAYBE a "small" ultrasound. What is a "small" ultrasound?

I went for my second beta this morning. I called and asked and checked online on my e-care, but still no information. When I talked to the nurse last she said that they didn't have the results and could possibly call back tomorrow.

And DH is riding me about having low blood-pressure because someone he knew had low blood-pressure in pregnancy and it affected her kids mental ability.

*sigh* I can't wait until 08/16.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

-low blood pressure is very common in early pregnancy and will NOT have any affect on your baby's mental development, I promise you. Many, many women have low BP early in pregnancy. While it can cause you to feel dizzy and maybe not have as much energy as usual, it will not cause your baby any issues. It's a very common issue for women. Low blood pressure may be inconvenient (in terms of dizziness and possible fainting for *some* women) but it is not dangerous - unlike high blood pressure. Please let your husband know this. There is a lot of literature out there on low blood pressure as an early pregnancy complaint. Sending you best wishes for your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Low blood pressure is a normal symptom of early pregnancy and is actually desirable to some extent, because it's likely that your bp will rise in later months :) Drink plenty of water and add a little extra salt (not too much) to your food. Take your time standing up from a sitting/lying position.

Your baby will not be harmed by low bp in early pregnancy. Good luck!

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!