Sunday, November 9, 2014

Still wanting, but looking at other options

I have had to visit both a pulmonologist (lung doctor) and an allergist to address my growing difficulty with breathing. I am now taking an inhaled medication for my "asthma", which is not the most common kind. I have no issues breathing out, but in inhaling air when my airways are irritated. Which, apparently, are irritated by the following:
  1. Cedar 1                     (Nov-Feb)
  2. Cedar 2                     (Nov-Feb)
  3. Cat 1
  4. Cat 2
  5. Bahia                        (Apr-May)
  6. Dust mites 1

There might have been others too, but that's plenty. Not to mention smoke, pollutants, perfume, etc.   I will say, I do not have a dire form of asthma, the difficulty breathing slows me down, but in the US, I have rarely reached that point of hyperventilation common to most asthmatics.

After several other tests by my pulmonologist (who is a dear!), and about the second doctor to express real concern for my health and safety if we continue to achieve pregnancy, my husband and I made a difficult choice to discontinue our goals to achieve pregnancy via my womb.

I have a dear, dear, friend who has offered to be our surrogate. At this point, we do not have the funds for it, but we are looking into ways of funding it to see if this might be an option of building our family.

In the meantime, I saw an OB-GYN to look at methods of more permanent birth control. I had decided against Essure and traditional tubal ligation only because of the anesthesia--I would be at higher risk due to my obesity and breathing issues. So, we settled on the Mirena IUD.

I will update on my experience with Mirena for the rest of this blog. IF we manage to be able to go through with the surrogacy, I will also post updates here.  BUT, most likely, my posts will be few and far between. I will be leaving the blog up for those who may benefit from the posts.  

1 comment:

Neha Sahaay said...

great article... Waiting for your next article to come. and thank you for sharing this wonderful article.

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!