Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lose Weight or Procreate?

So, I've been thinking lately that I really need to lose a lot more weight in order to be more healthy when I do conceive. I'm going to need all of the help I can get with being high-risk already due to my heart and bipolar disorder (double whammy!).

So, I had some recent success (lost 8 lbs) with a small setback (gained about 3-4 lbs back). I haven't had the heart to stick to my diet (calorie shifting) so the weight is steadily increasing again.

DH just found out about a program called Splendid Figures, which he is willing to do with me! Looking over the program it works quickly and it looks like along with dieting there are SHOTS involved (eep!) including Vitamin B6 and an Appetite Suppressant.

I have actually heard that Vitamin B (one of them at least) can be helpful with fertility, however, I would worry about what is in the appetite suppressant and if it would be harmful to a baby.

However, the diet clinic has doctors on staff so I plan to ask their recommendation. I have heard even without something like this to aid weight loss it is advisable to wait at least a month after losing weight to begin TTC again. It couldn't hurt to take a break and hopefully this would go towards making me more fertile and likely to conceive.

I'll probably still monitor my charts to aid in birth control, but must find a barrier method DH will put up with if it is not good to conceive while on the appetite suppressant.

Well, I'll keep everyone posted. First I have to make an appointment at Splendid Figures and see what's what.

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!