Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lowering Prolactin levels due to anti-psychotic meds

I get to start tapering my meds!

To explain, this is exciting because a few months ago my OB/GYN ran tests that showed my prolactin levels were a leetle high and possibly causing me not to O. After months of arguing and waiting with my psychiatrist I finally get to start tapering down!

I just hope two things:

1. That I don't start showing symptoms (of Bipolar) as I know my psychiatrist will put me back on the meds in a snap, and

2. That combined with my recent weight loss, inshallah, this will jumpstart my cycles and lead to regular ovulation!

I had gone off all the sites and even stopped charting b/c he wouldn't take me off of it but then in February AF (evil Aunt Flow) showed after SIX months of hiding. At first I was thinking, finally, but how long until the next one. And I was floored when she showed up less than 30 days later! So I started charting again and am now gearing up for trying to conceive again.

So, inshallah (God willing), this month as the meds start leaving my system my prolactin levels will normalize and I will FINALLY have an O date.

Just am really hopeful and wanted to share!

Get more info on how antipsychotics affect prolactin levels--
Antipsychotic treatment: when to measure prolactin.(Adult Psychiatry): An article from: Clinical Psychiatry News

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!