Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Waiting Game

So, did I O? Did I not O? Only time (and temps) will tell. My temps have been less than cooperative. Any day I keep looking for that spike to confirm the production of progesterone signaling the beginning of the two week wait. This might be worse than the two week wait. I feel like I've been "waiting to O" for over a year now and even with an instrument that predicts O I'm NOT O'ing. *sigh*

If we look at the two teams--O team and Not O team they're fairly evenly matched. On the O team they have a positive OPK while very encouraging is not infallible. Also, I've been having major mood swings (poor DH), and increasingly sore bbs (they also feel heavy). Plus around the day of my positive OPK I just *know* I was having mittleschmerz (O pain) on my left side.

On the Not O team there is basically my temps. I am in a love/hate relationship with temping because I love that I have a tool that can generally tell me whether ovulation has occurred. It's a scientific fact that a rise in progesterone corresponds with a rise in waking temperature. I hate temping because although I know I have this big barrier to my O I still get my hopes raised when I see the random high temp. All temping gives me is a basic anovulatory chart. Boo. since my OPK my temps have more or less stayed the same or gone DOWN. I was hoping yesterdays was an Ovulation Dip, however, today's temp only rose .09 degrees. WTF? That's not even close to the type of rise needed to confirm O.

I just looked up in my fertility bible, Taking Charge of Your Own Fertility by Toni Weschler, that a slow rise is confirmed by a temp that is one-tenth above the previous six low temps and then continues to rise a tenth of a degree. Sadly, my chart is not even that.

My one positive thought is that the day of my positive OPK I had forgotten to take my anti-psychotic the night before. I know it may not necessarily be related to that but if just ONE day without it (at such a low dose) could help the LH to surge then I'm much more confident that when I'm am off the med altogether I will be SURE to achieve ovulation. Also, my psychiatrist felt much more confident that the anti-psychotic was causing elevated levels of prolactin because just two weeks at a half-dose radically changed my sleeping patterns.

*sigh* I think no more of this today. No more forums (for now) instead I think I'll finish The Amazing Race and watch my episode of Biggest Loser!

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!