Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Journey Begins...

About 1 1/2 years ago my husband and I decided we would like to start trying to have a baby. Knowing that coming off birth control could result in a years passing before success we knew there would be a wait. So now it has been over a year and nothing. I have been using the Family Awareness Method of charting to track my ovulation and herein lies the problem. I'm just not ovulating. And without that, it's quite impossible to get pregnant. After some testing I discovered that my anti-psychotic I am on has caused my prolactin levels to be slightly elevated and the end result can be no ovulation.

I am begging my doctor to take me off this medication and now that the weather is getting warmer he finally is willing to do so. I'm a bit nervous because the last time I went off this medication had awful results on my moods, however, this doctor gave me an alternative medication I have been taking for many months to prepare me for going off of the other.

On a side note, I have recently started a new diet and am now slowly losing some weight. Miraculously, after 6 months of no periods, my period has returned on a regular basis, hamdallah. I am quite overweight so it is very possible that the weight loss has triggered a balancing of my hormones. I have started temping again but due to a faulty thermometer battery I may have missed a definitive ovulation. My chart had looked like I had ovulated but wasn't confirmed. At that point my battery failed just when it may have confirmed that I had ovulated.

So, no confirmation yet, but I remain hopeful that with continued weight loss I will start ovulating again and hopefully achieve pregnancy!

I welcome you to join me on my journey.

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!