Saturday, January 8, 2011

Positive Word Challenge #5--Back home...AF came...and she's a lot healthier!

So my visit back home was wonderful. It was so great to see my family and my husband's family.

I did get my period right after Christmas and before New Years. I had some painful cramps, but Thanksgivings were definitely the worst. BUT, like Thanksgivings period, this flow was different.

So, TMI ALERT!!!       TMI ALERT!!     TMI ALERT!!


Gonna talk about period flow consistency, texture, etc...



.


.


.

Most of my periods in the past have had clots, darkish/red or brown blood.  The last two have been amazingly clot free, thinnish, bright red blood. And my flow volume has followed more or less a healthy pattern...M -> Heavy --> M --> M --> Light. The only weird bit is that it seems like I have EWCM mixed in sometimes...kind of yellowish-slippery flow, but also very bloody.

So I did some Googling and found ONE site that mentions healthiness of flow. I found out that bright red, clot-free flow is actually the sign of a healthy period! And this was a second completely B6/vitamin free cycle.  Also, I spotted a mere 2 days before full flow, rather than 5. Hip, hip, hooray!!

I am just hoping this is a good sign for my overall fertility. The only thing hard to judge is whether my luteal phase was shortened. I left my thermometer at home so am unclear on my O date. Looking over my chart it would seem that my LP was max 10 days this cycle. So, I will most likely need to get back on B6 or even try vitex.

Hope y'all had a happy holidays and looking forward to a fertile 2011!!

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!