Monday, January 24, 2011

Riding the Big Red Wave today...

So, Saturday the spotting turned into full flow. I'm so tired of maxi pads, etc. Plus they are bad for the environment. I had previously looked into cloth pads, but the idea of washing them so often wasn't appealing.

I checked out a thread on TMP that gave a lot of good examples to durable alternatives to disposable pads/tampons. After looking at all the options, I decided to order The Keeper (I actually ordered the Moon Cup made of medical grade silicone). This is a menstrual cup made of either natural gum rubber (latex)--The Keeper or medical grade silicone--The Moon Cup.

The way this works is that the cup is inserted in the vagina to catch the menstrual flow. I'm excited for it to come in for the next cycle.

However, I do have a cardiac MRI on Feb 3. My doctor is going to analyze it to see if there is any real difference and decide what to do. If there is a decrease in function as one of the ECHO's showed, he will call me in for an appt. Otherwise I'll see him in September!

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to actively TTC this cycle! I'm even going to break out my monitor to see if I can start tracking my cycle again. I wasn't before because the test sticks are so expensive, but it is quite accurate.
 Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor
That's the plan for now. Fingers crossed I'll be given the go ahead to TTC!

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!