Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's the end of my world as I know it...

My TTC world that is.  So, after my annual visit to my cardiologist, they found a problem. I had a "diagnostic procedure" and am still waiting for the official update from my cardiologist.

I had a visit with the perinatologist before the procedure, and got disheartening news that he believed with my current condition that they would not advise pregnancy for me as it could raise my mortality rate to 50%.

I had hoped the initial summary I got from my cardiologist on the day of the procedure meant that it would be possible for me to attempt pregnancy later, but after my last appointment with the perinatologist, it seems that the results show conclusively that my mortality rate would be at least 50% if I were to get pregnant, as well as a high possibility of damage/loss to the fetus and if further complications my mortality rate would drop below 50%.



With this, my peri STRONGLY suggested I receive a tubal ligation so that I would not have to worry about accidental pregnancy.

I'm naturally having a lot of difficulty processing this. I know there are other options--it's just that the other options are also expensive and time consuming, which we don't have the funds for at this time.

I sincerely wish any and all of my readers best of luck in their trying to conceive efforts. I hope you all get the opportunity to build the family you dream of. I hope the information I have here on my blog journey provides some amusement or education to help you on your way.

Perhaps later when we're more financially stable, I can add to the blog about alternative family building options we're pursuing. 

3 comments:

babycrazykiwi said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to process. I wish you all the best with the next part of your journey and sincerely hope that one, in whatever way, your wish to become a mother is realised.

Honey said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you are able to pursue your dream in a new way soon.

Maria said...

I am soooo very sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you make your way through this tough place. (((hugs)))

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!