Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fun at Alki Beach

Yesterday, DH and I decided to go visit Alki Beach in West Seattle. They had the start of SeaFair there in the form of a Pirate Festival on the beach. We got there at the end of the festival so there were only a few booths selling trinkets and stuff.

The beach and view were beautiful...unfortunately forgot to take pictures, I am sooo not a shutterbug! Driving in we could see the Seattle skyline across the water. UW was having their polevaulting team performing on the beach. That was interesting, but most of the ones we saw were not very good.

We walked up and down looking at all of the beautiful homes in the area...I think we may have walked a mile or two! It was sunny and hot but then we drove down to Salty's, which is a fine dining restaurant on the water. Beautiful view here too! I really enjoyed my food, but DH seems to think the only flavorful seafood is Cajun style. I really LOVE Cajun food growing up on the border of Texas and Louisiana, but I do think there are other good ways to do fish. My pea risotto could have used more salt, but they had tater tots tossed in truffle oil! OMG, they were the best tater tots I have ever had!

Yum.

Poor DH though, I think all the sun and walking was too much for him. We came home and saw two movies and by the time we got home he had a killer headache. So spending the day at home right now.

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!