Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Positive Word Challenge Day 2--Gall Bladder/GI issues

So to add to the continuous onset of disease after disease I have developed over the last two months some GastroIntestinal issues. I suspect gall bladder because most of the women on my Mom's side of the family (including my Mom) have had their gall bladder removed. Essentially I have almost no appetite because whenever I eat I get nauseous and have severe diarrhea about 2 hours later.

I have been looking for a new PCP for awhile, but kept post-poning because I would forget at work to call for an appointment. I found a new clinic that has all of the amenities I like plus a walk-in clinic. So, yesterday I called in sick (I was SO tired from waking up every hour and restless sleep) and went to the clinic for an appointment.

I saw a doctor who FINALLY listened to my concerns and instead of giving me all of the reasons to decline further tests/treatments, he said "I think these are the tests you need to have, what do you want to do?"  My other doctors seemed to minimize my pain and made me think they had the opinion I was a hypochondriac.

As soon as I can I want to transfer care over to the new doctor. Let's call him Dr. Empathy. I just need to call my insurance and find out what if anything needs to be done.

I will keep you posted. I expect to hear from Dr. Empathy in about 1-2 days (most likely 2). There's a chance it could be gall bladder. If that is the case, most likely I'll need surgery, which I'm sure will delay my TTC some more. Maybe Cheri22's prediction will come true. In that case I might not get pregnant until June 2011! Ah well.

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!