Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Royal Jelly and Infertility

So, I was at the supermarket today and happened down the vitamin aisle.  I was hoping to pick up a DHA supplement and look at prices and types of prenatals. Then I saw a Royal Jelly Supplement! This was in pill form but I have occasionally read about the benefits of Royal Jelly.

Just in case you're wondering, it is a bee product. It is produced by worker bees and fed to a single drone bee to transform it into a Queen bee. Most bees have a lifespan of about 20 months, whereas a Queen bee lives for 5 YEARS!!! There have been documented studies in it's benefits for fertility in animals and anecdotes from women AND men who have benefited from it.

I had to buy it and see if it has any effect. Hopefully it'll be a good one. In some sites it claims to be a good aid in IVF or IUI cycles as it increases egg health---good for increasing follicles and maturing eggs. Also for those with Male Factor Infertility (MFI) Royal Jelly is said to increase quality of sperm. The "science" of applying use of bee products to aid in health is called Apitherapy. See this blog on developments in the use of Royal Jelly and other bee products.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also started taking royal jelly about a month ago....just waiting to see whats happens. I also started taking bee pollen/bee propolis...I have read several interesting articles supporting the use of these for infertility. Hope everything works out well for you!!

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!