Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chamomile tea for inducing period after Depo Provera (take 2!)

I thought I would update on the effects of using chamomile tea to induce my period. After 3 nights of drinking chamomile tea, I stopped for about two days, mostly from being busy. I noticed the first morning after I stopped the chamomile I had what appeared to be an increase in spotting. I found I needed to wear a pantiliner "just in case" since then. Most days I might not have needed it until later in the day. Lately, the spotting has slowed down, even though I started drinking chamomile again yesterday.

Ah, and bonus! My order of Dong Quai supplement came in. It instructs to take 1-2 mL 3 times a day. I don't know if I can do that, as I'd have to take it to work or mix it up before work.  So I'm going to start with 1-2 doses per day, also to see how it affects me.

As I noted in earlier posts, Dong Quai can be dangerous in early pregnancy, so always ensure you are not currently pregnant before starting it. It also recommends to only take from menstruation to ovulation, to ensure that if a fetus implants there is less affect from it in early pregnancy. Since I'm not sure if I will menstruate or ovulate on this first, I may start temping in a few days if my period doesn't show.

Ok, don't know if this is the Dong Quai or tired after a long day, but I'm suddenly feeling sleepy. One of the double perks I read about Dong Quai is it's antihistamine properties, which I need as my fall allergies are kicking in. But, apparently I'll only be able to take at night if it makes me this drowsy.

No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!