Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Depo Provera and BBT charting

Last month I noted a trend of high temps that are generally in my post-O range. I had not temped originally, so it had looked as though I had ovulated. My average coverline is between 97.9-98.2.  Majority of temps last month were 98.2 or higher. I know to expect changes as the Depo Provera levels in my system decrease.

I have noticed that when I take the Dong Quai supplement, my PMS symptoms go through the roof.  Depo Provera as birth control is a synthetic form of progesterone. Progesterone is the hormone known to increase basal body temperature (BBT) in the luteal phase. This leads me to the hypothesis that while the Depo Provera is in my system, I might expect to see consistent post-O temps without a bi-phasic pattern. So far this holding true.

I have also noticed that I am having what I generally classify as heavy spotting for about the length of my period. So, I am now charting these as LIGHT flow days. When I stacked my charts, I saw that my October cycle was 27 days, November 30 days, and current December cycle is at 13 days. I've had flat temps lately, and I thought my BBT was needing a replacement battery, but I started to have varying temps, so I'm going to keep it for now.

Let's see what we can see!

If anyone with previous Depo Provera injections has charted their temps, please feel free to comment on whether you also experienced this consistent high temps.

2 comments:

AuntMimi said...

I don't have any experience withe depo, but I just wanted to say I hope things normalize soon. I know with the m/c my chart is wack right now.

Melissa @MotherhoodWantd said...

Thank you Mimi <3 I hear you on being charts being whack after m/c. Even though I ovulated really soon after my m/c bleed, my PMS symptoms have fluctuated a lot and I have not had a standard range of ovulation dates.

Some women take a longer time to ovulate after m/c, others can find their LP shorten. It's kind of a mess, but then I look at my whole charting history and mine's just a mess overall, so I don't know.

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!