Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Began my Bee Fertile

So, sad of course that it was CD 1 yesterday. But the grieving has been sped along by starting my Bee Fertile regimen! The way it works is you take the supplement pills that are a special blend of herbs and vitamins that research indicates increases fertility in women. Along with those you also take royal jelly/bee pollen/raw honey gel. It suggest all 4 pills in the morning or 2 in AM and 2 in PM. Since I'm already on an AM/PM regimen with my other meds, I decided to split the 4 into 2 and 2.

This Royal Jelly mix is different than others I have had. When I first started taking RJ, I read a lot of sites that said NOT to refrigerate, and others that say DO refrigerate. I decided to go with what the jar says. It said refrigerate, so I have. The suggestion is 1 tsp in the morning or a 1/2 tsp in the afternoon. The label is also extremely cautionary against getting water (or saliva I assume) into the RJ as this could breed bacteria that negate it's fertility powers. They provide a nice solid plastic spoon that is labeled for 1/2 tsp.* This is fine if you are going to take AM/PM, but this stuff I would rather just take all at once. So if I can't "double-dip" this means their spoon is worthless to me, unless I want to take the time to wash it, or spoon twice onto some other container. So, I just use a regular spoon that I know fits 1 tsp.



The taste is STRONG--I suspect it has higher concentrations of RJ and Bee Pollen than other gels I have taken. Also, refrigerating gives it a gritty texture instead of the smooth texture of un-refrigerated. Perhaps I'll start making a morning smoothie, so I don't have to taste it as much. It might also be a way to get DH to take it, as he is still quite resistant to it.

Anyway, just wanted to update...only day 2, so hard to know if any of what I am feeling is related to Bee Fertile, but I do get a familiar loss of appetite about 30 minutes after taking RJ. It doesn't stay strong all day, but I find I am not as hungry and am satisfied sooner. That might be extended if I took it twice per day instead of once.

*Update 2/29/12--I realized as I looked at the spoon that it is marked for 1/2 tsp to the inside line---the handle states that a full spoon is  1 tsp. So, you CAN use the 1 spoon for a whole dose.

Disclaimer: These supplements were provided to me at no cost, but all opinions are my own. Believe me, I will give you the good, bad, and in-between with an unvarnished eye.


No comments:

Motherhood Wanted approved!

Motherhood Wanted approved!
Diana Farrell, MA

design

Motherhood Wanted approved!